Starting a remodeling project can seem like a daunting task. Do you really know what you want, do you have a realistic budget, what should you do first? These are just a few questions home owners may have before embarking on this journey. Here at Avenue B Development we have put together a few of our favorite tips to help you get that project off to a good start!
Set a Clear Objective:
- Make sure you know WHY you are doing the remodel and what you WANT to get out of the remodel.
Set a Clear Budget:
- Being realistic with your budget will help you to get the most out of whatever that set budget is.
Know Your Style:
- This is your space not your contractors.
- Know what works best for you and your family.
Find the Right Contractor:
- Do your research- Find a contractor with experience in what you are wanting to do, or maybe one that is familiar with your neighborhood.
- Interview potential contractors.
- Check references.
Have a Project Kickoff:
- Before construction starts, make sure your contractor defines….
- Projected Timeline
- Communication Expectations
- Working Hour Expectations
- Payment/Billing Expectations
By following these five tips you will help to minimize surprises and potential issues. For a list of our top 10 tips check out the link below! Happy Remodeling!